The Good Cookie Base is one cookie dough recipe that you should use to make TONS of cookie recipes! Crisp, buttery edges with tender facilities, this cookie dough is the right canvas to get artistic together with your add-ins. Chocolate chips, chopped sweet, sprinkles, and nuts this foolproof cookie recipe is so adaptable!
One Cookie Dough = Countless Potentialities!
I really feel like I’m over right here fixing the world’s issues one cookie at a time. I’ve created the precise ONLY cookie dough recipe that you’ll ever want. Let me clarify…
This cookie recipe will provide you with buttery, crisp edges with thick, tender facilities. The feel is sturdy sufficient to face as much as just about something you wish to combine into the dough, whereas nonetheless being tender and tender. Mainly it’s magic.
You possibly can hold it easy and make these into chocolate chip cookies, or you’ll be able to chop up your favourite sweet bar and blend that proper into the dough too! And even hold it easy and roll them in cinnamon sugar for a simple twist on a snickerdoodle.
How Do You Make Good Cookies?
The recipe for these cookies is fairly fundamental, with only a few tweaks to permit it to work as a base for many variations. The great thing about these cookies, like I mentioned earlier than, is that they maintain as much as nearly any sort of mix-in, whereas nonetheless being tender and tender. I’ve discovered that typically cookies with numerous mix-ins can get a bit of dry and exhausting. This occurs since you want a thicker dough to embody what’s added in, and a simple strategy to make a dough thicker is so as to add extra flour. This may work in very small quantities, however an excessive amount of flour will provide you with a dry, exhausting cookie.
The right quantities of flour, sugar, and cornstarch stabilize the dough, whereas nonetheless conserving it tender and gooey!
Why Do You Add Cornstarch?
Cornstarch is a secret ingredient that you just see in some cookie recipes that helps add to the thickness of the dough with out having so as to add an excessive amount of flour. Ot stabilizes the dough and retains it thick, whereas including a tender, barely melty texture.
You possibly can positively overdo it with cornstarch for those who add an excessive amount of and it’ll give your cookies an odd, chalky texture. So stick with the recipe and know that 1 tablespoon is all you want!
What Can You Add Into This Cookie Dough?
Okay, that is the enjoyable half! Now could be the time to get artistic! You possibly can hold these easy, as a result of this recipe makes a scrumptious chocolate chip cookie…BUT let’s push it to its limits. Listed here are a number of concepts of yummy add-ins. Combine and match flavors to make your personal distinctive cookie. AND it is a nice strategy to get the children concerned within the baking too! Everybody will love their very own customized taste!
- Chips: chocolate, white chocolate, butterscotch, peanut butter…or any mixture of all of them!
- M&Ms are a simple add-in. And with all of the enjoyable flavors of M&Ms out now, the sky is the restrict!
- Peanut Butter Cups. Use common sized cups and chop them up or minis. You could possibly even swirl in half of cup of peanut butter to the dough if you’d like!
- Pretzels or potato chips. A salty/candy combo could be scrumptious!
- Sweet Bars…actually you could possibly chop up nearly any form! Beware for those who use a sweet bar with quite a lot of caramel it can ooze out and will burn whereas baking, so I wish to freeze caramel candies earlier than including to the dough, to assist reduce this!
- Sprinkles…as a result of don’t sprinkles all the time make every little thing extra enjoyable?!
- Crushed Cookies like Oreos, Circus Cookies, or Nutter Butters! Flip these right into a Cookies and Cream dream with crushed Oreos and white chocolate chips!
- Cereal. I imply why not? Add in Golden Grahams, milk chocolate and marshmallow bits for a s’mores cookie…or Fruity Pebbles and white chocolate chips for a creamy, fruity social gathering cookie!
Can You Freeze The Good Cookie Base?
Sure! You possibly can freeze the dough unbaked OR you’ll be able to freeze the cookies after they’ve been baked!
To freeze the dough:
- Portion out the dough with a cookie scoop.
- Place all of the dough onto a baking sheet.
- Freeze the portioned dough for 30 minutes.
- Take away the tray from the freezer and switch the dough into a big zip-top bag to freeze for as much as 30 days.
- Bake based on recipe directions, however add 2 minutes to the bake time. No must thaw!
To freeze baked cookies:
- Permit the cookies to chill utterly.
- Place the cookies in a big zip-top bag in a single layer, or a big hermetic container stacked, with parchment or wax paper in between the layers.
- Freeze for as much as 30 days.
- Thaw at room temperature. Microwave every cookie for 10 seconds to get it heat and gooey.
Get pleasure from and get artistic!
Trying For Extra Cookie Recipes? Right here Are A Few Of My Favorites:
This recipe was initially printed in 2013. The pictures and recipe ideas have been up to date in 2020. The unique recipe stays the identical!
The right cookie base recipe that you should use time and time once more!
- 2 cups all function flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/four teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/four cup butter, room temperature
- 3/four cup darkish brown sugar
- half of cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 half of cups your favourite sweet or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper, put aside
- In medium bowl whisk collectively flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Put aside.
- Within the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on medium velocity for two minutes till gentle and fluffy.
- And add in egg and vanilla and blend for 1 minute till clean, scraping the edges of the bowl as obligatory.
- Flip the mixer to low and add in flour combination till dough simply comes collectively.
- Stir in sweet till evenly included.
- Utilizing a medium (2- tablespoon) cookie scoop, drop the dough onto the ready baking sheet 2- inches aside.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes till edges are golden. Make sure that to not over-bake.
- Take away from the oven and permit the cookies to chill on the baking sheet for Three minutes, after which switch to wire rack to complete cooling.
When adapting this recipe be at liberty to swap out vanilla extract for an additional taste for an additional twist!
Key phrases:: Cookies, Cookie Recipe, Base Cookie, Cookies and Cups, Cookie Dough
Need To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: