Key Lime Cheesecake is the most effective elements of Key Lime Pie packed right into a creamy and tart cheesecake recipe on prime of a thick graham cracker crust. This one is straightforward to make however makes an enormous impression!
Be certain to take a look at my go-to cheesecake recipe which breaks down the fundamentals of cheesecake and teaches you all the information and tips you will have!
Key Lime Cheesecake Is the Excellent Two-In-One Dessert!
Let’s all take a second to think about the creamiest, dreamiest cheesecake recipe, with the proper trace of tartness, a teensy little bit of tang, a thick, buttery graham cracker crust, and perhaps slightly whipped cream on prime.
Yep, that’s what we’re speaking about at the moment: Key Lime Cheesecake!
This recipe is a complete no-brainer. I used my traditional no-fail cheesecake recipe as the bottom and simply added slightly key lime to the combination to create a wonderfully straightforward, completely DELICIOUS cheesecake recipe! 10/10 suggest.
Key Lime Cheesecake Substances:
For the Crust:
- graham cracker crumbs
- melted butter
- granulated sugar
- kosher salt
For the Cheesecake
- cream cheese
- granulated sugar
- key lime juice and zest
- bitter cream
- vanilla extract
Do You Have To Use Key Limes?
Nope! I imply for it to be a real KEY LIME Cheesecake you want Key Limes, however they aren’t at all times obtainable. I exploit the bottled Key Lime juice that they promote within the grocery store most frequently, and I’ll simply use common lime zest if that’s all I can discover. I’ve by no means been in a position to inform a distinction on this recipe.
What If You Don’t Like Bitter Cream?
I hear this query quite a bit after I use bitter cream in any baking recipe. More often than not bitter cream simply provides a smoothness, and creaminess to a recipe with out truly being detectable.
Bitter Cream in cheesecake is the proper addition to assist within the creamy issue. I found this after I developed my Perfect Cheesecake Recipe. Cheesecake at all times has a component of tang because of the cream cheese, and this secret ingredient prevents your cheesecake from being too dry.
I’ve ALL the information, tips, VIDEO, and step-by-step course of on cheesecake IN THIS POST, so be certain that to test it out. However I’ll say that there are a couple of necessities to comply with to make sure success:
- Use room temperature elements. It will be sure that your cheesecake bakes evenly.
- Use a water bathtub. This prevents cracking.
- Wrap the underside of your springform pan in foil to stop any leaking into the pan from the water bathtub. Nobody likes a soggy crust!
- Don’t over-mix the batter. It will add an excessive amount of air into the batter, inflicting cracks.
- Don’t over-bake! Your cheesecake needs to be set on the perimeters and barely jiggly within the middle. The middle will arrange because it cools. Over-baking will result in cracking and a dry cheesecake!
Different Crust Concepts:
For those who don’t want graham crackers, listed here are a couple of different choices. Use them in equal measure to the recipe supplied:
- Nilla Wafers
- Biscoff Cookies
- Shortbread Cookies
- Golden Oreos
How Lengthy Is Cheesecake Good For?
Cheesecake is greatest saved within the fridge in an hermetic container for as much as Three days. Some could argue which you could get a couple of extra days out of, however I want, for greatest freshness and to keep away from a very soggy crust as much as Three days.
Can You Freeze Cheesecake?
Completely. Cheesecake, and this one particularly cheese amazingly properly. Enable it to chill utterly, and chill because the the recipe states. Then place it in an hermetic container. Freeze for as much as 30 days and permit it to thaw within the fridge.
Love Cheesecake? Test Out Extra Of My Recipes…
It is a creamy, tart cheesecake on a graham cracker crust is considered one of my most favourite variations of cheesecake ever!
- 1 3/Four cups Graham Cracker Crumbs (about 15 full crackers)
- 1/Three cup butter, melted
- 1/Four cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 (8- ounce) packages Cream Cheese, room temperature (32- ounces in whole)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon key lime zest
- 1/2 cup bitter cream, room temperature
- 1/Three cup key lime juice
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- Elective Garnish: whipped cream, toasted coconut flakes, raspberries, lime wedges
- Crust: Double wrap the underside of the springform pan with foil, sealing it tightly to stop water from moving into the pan.Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a big bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter, granulated sugar, and salt collectively evenly. Press the combination into the underside and up the edges of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake the crust for 8-10 minutes, or till evenly golden. Put aside whilst you make the cheesecake filling.
- Cheesecake: Within the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the cream cheese and sugar on medium velocity, till easy, scraping the edges of the bowl as vital.
- Flip the mixer to low and add the zest, bitter cream, lime juice and vanilla; combine properly, scraping sides of the bowl as vital. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low velocity after every addition simply till combined. Don’t over combine.
- Pour the filling over crust and unfold evenly.
- Place the springform pan into a bigger pan and pour highly regarded water into the pan, till it’s 3/4- inch deep, cautious to ensure the water degree doesn’t come up greater than the foil.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or till the middle is nearly set. The middle will nonetheless jiggle whereas the perimeters will probably be set.
- Fastidiously run a knife across the rim of pan to loosen cake. Enable the cheesecake to chill at room temperature for not less than an hour, then cowl and switch into the fridge for six hours or in a single day. Launch the edges of the springform pan earlier than slicing.
- Garnish with whipped cream, toasted coconut, raspberries, or lime wedges if desired.
Retailer hermetic within the fridge for as much as Three days.
For those who can’t discover key limes, simply use common limes!
Key phrases:: cookies and cups, cheesecake, key lime, key lime cheesecake, cheesecake recipe
Need To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: