These Italian Zucchini Boats are the right mixture of flavors and textures. It’s completely cooked juicy zucchini filled with Italian sausage, cheese and an ideal mix of herbs and spices.
Zucchini is a household favourite. It’s one vegetable, that when cooked proper, I can get my complete household to eat. Whether or not I exploit it in a aspect, a dessert or a principal dish, we completely love this vegetable!
The previous few months have been a little bit loopy all over the world. My ideas and prayers are with you all as we get by way of this collectively! Being inside much more not too long ago has received me again within the kitchen cooking much more ceaselessly and utilizing much more of what we’ve got readily available.
Sausage is one thing I wish to hold in my freezer. I additionally hold a wide range of cheeses in my freezer as nicely. I additionally wish to have herbs and spices readily available in my pantry. The principle factor I needed to exit and purchase was zucchini nevertheless it was TOTALLY value it!
These beauties are loaded with taste! It has an array of Italian herbs that go with each other superbly.
I hope you take pleasure in these as a lot as we did. I’m going to be sharing a lot of enjoyable recipes with you to assist hold your plates vigorous and colourful even when we’re all staying inside for the following little bit.
Italian Zucchini Boats
Recipe kind: Dinner
- Four to six small to medium zucchini
- 1 pound sizzling Jimmy Dean sausage
- 1 cup diced onion
- 7 ounces tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon crimson pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 levels F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a big skillet prepare dinner sausage with the onions over medium excessive warmth till cooked by way of utterly. Drain off fats.
- Add tomato sauce, crimson pepper flakes, oregano, and salt. Convey to a simmer for two minutes.
- Take away from warmth and put aside
- Slice zucchini lengthwise and thoroughly scrape out the center, eradicating all seeds. (Make sure that it’s deep sufficient as a way to fill them generously.)
- Place zucchini on lined cookie sheet and fill them with the meat combination.
- Bake for 15 to 22 minutes or till zucchini is tender.
- Take away from oven and sprinkle cheese excessive and return to oven for Three to five minutes or till cheese is melted
Get pleasure from!