Surya Namaskar Ek, Fayde Anekh. In Surya Namaskar, Surya refers to “the solar,” and Namaskar means “bowing down in respect.” This has been the most well-liked yogic kriyas for a lot of many years now, because it combines 12 yoga asanas in a yogic sequence. Practising Surya Namaskar each day helps in balancing three constituents of your physique, i.e., Kapha, Pitta, and Vata, which is able to enable you lead your life in a higher method and affect your creativity and intuitive skills. It’s easy but highly effective poses are what make it doable for folks of all age teams and all sizes to carry out it, anytime, anyplace.
Desk of Contents
Over the centuries, Surya Namaskar has developed, and its poses have differed into numerous kinds and variations. Furthermore, that is one yogic kriya that by no means diminished however has solely expanded. In actuality, Surya Namaskar is built-in into numerous forms of yoga kinds. Let’s check out them within the part under:
- Ashtanga Surya Namaskar: Within the Ashtanga Surya Namaskar collection, solar salutations have two types. -Sort A and B. Sort A, consists of 9 Vinyasas and sort B consists of seventeen vinyasas.
- Hatha Surya Namaskar: It’s carried out by the 12 spinal poses, which places deep emphasis on respiratory prominently. It is likely one of the mostly practiced Surya Namaskar kinds and presumably the simplest one.
- Iyengar Surya Namaskar: Iyengar Surya Namaskar is just like the Hatha follow, however right here the main target is a bit more on tempo and vitality, whereby, it’s carried out at a faster tempo than different Surya Namaskar varieties.
On this part let’s spend a while exploring the 12 basic poses of conventional Hatha Surya Namaskar.
Pose 1: Prayer pose – Pranamasana.
- Begin by standing straight on the entrance of your mat, bringing your toes collectively, and conserving arms free alongside.
- Now, shut your eyes and convey your palms to satisfy within the heart of your chest. Calm down the entire physique.
- This pose relaxes the nervous system and helps in gaining the steadiness of the physique.
- It additionally helps relieve stress and anxiousness.
Pose 2: Raised arms pose – Hasta Uttanasana
- Hasta Uttanasana is began by exhaling deeply
- Inhale deeply thereafter stretching your arms ahead and bringing them up over your head.
- Search for and stretch the physique barely backward by pushing your pelvis ahead.
- Breathe out. (Deal with breathing-in if you arch backward, and as you bend ahead breathe-out.)
- Stretches and tones the muscle tissues of the stomach.
- Expands the entire physique from heel to the tip of the fingers.
Pose 3: Hand to foot pose – Hasta Padasana.
- Exhale and begin to fold ahead and right down to the knees; as you come ahead, preserve the backbone lengthy.
- Arms down on the ground, have simply your fingertips touching the ground.
- Bend the knees simply sufficient so your chest can relaxation towards the thighs, and your head touching your knee. Maintain this place for a number of seconds.
- It stretches the backbone and makes it versatile.
- It additionally stretches the hamstrings and opens the legs, shoulders, and arms muscle tissues.
Pose 4: Equestrian pose – Ashwa Sanchalanasana
- Subsequent, step your proper leg again, placing simply the knee down and comfortably tucking the toes underneath.
- On the identical time bend the left knee leaving the foot flat on the ground.
- Press the fingertips or palms right down to the ground, roll the shoulders again, and slowly lookup.
- Strengthens the leg muscle tissues and backbone.
- Relieves in indigestion and constipation.
Pose 5: Mountain pose – Parvatasana
- Slowly exhale, having management carry your palms onto the ground and stepping the left foot again beside the fitting, carry your hips up into the air.
- Lengthening by your backbone, carry the shoulders in the direction of the ankles. Take a number of breaths.
- It improves posture and calms the thoughts.
Pose 6: Ashtanga Namaskara
- As you exhale, decrease your knees down and slowly, with a managed chest, come down whereas pushing your head ahead on the ground.
- Hold your elbows proper in towards your sides; providing you with extra energy.
- Now, as you construct extra energy on this transition, you possibly can decrease the chest down and nonetheless preserve your hip up within the air.
- It improves the pliability of the again and backbone.
- Strengthens the again muscle and relieves construct up stress.
- Your eight physique elements are labored in a single pose.
Pose 7: Cobra pose – Bhujangasana
- Hold arms and toes proper the place they’re. And inhale.
- Slide ahead and lift your chest like a cobra.
- Roll the shoulders again, Hold your elbows bent, and squeeze them again in the direction of one another.
- Slowly lookup.
- It improves flexibility and temper.
- It stretches the shoulders, chest, again, legs muscle, all of sudden.
Pose 8: Mountain pose – Parvatasana.
- Whilst you exhale, tuck the toes underneath. (identical as pose 5)
- Press again to an inverted V place, lengthening by the backbone, bringing the shoulders in the direction of the ankles. Take a number of breaths right here. As you exhale carry the hips in the direction of the sky and press your arms into the bottom.
- It will increase the blood circulate to the spinal area.
- It relieves signs of menopause in ladies.
Pose 9: Equestrian pose – Ashwa Sanchalanasana.
- Carry the left foot forwards between the arms, and push the pelvis forwards. Carry the torso and tilt the pinnacle again, arching the again and looking out as much as the sky (identical as pose 4).
- Brings flexibility to leg muscle tissues and tones the stomach organs.
- Strengthens the backbone.
Pose 10: Hand to foot pose – Hasta Padasana.
- Exhale, preserve the fitting foot in entrance, bringing the legs collectively (identical as pose 3).
- Bend the knees simply sufficient so your chest can relaxation towards the thighs, and your head touching your knee.
- It helps in curing insomnia, osteoporosis, headache, anxiousness, and stress.
Pose 11: Raised Arms Pose- Hasta Uttanasana
- Inhale deeply thereafter stretching your arms ahead and bringing them up over your head (identical as pose 2)
- Search for and stretch the physique barely backward by pushing your pelvis ahead.
- Breathe out.
- It cures well being issues like bronchial asthma, decrease again ache, and fatigue. It additionally aids digestion.
- Expands the chest, which ends up in a full consumption of oxygen.
Pose 12: Standing Mountain pose – Tadasana.
- Then, finally, exhale and are available again to the prayer place (identical as pose 1).
- Carry your arms down, sluggish and regular.
- Strengthens thighs, knees, and ankles and improves posture.
- Tone your hips and stomach and assist to realize management over your muscular actions.
These 12 poses when practiced make up for one cycle of Surya Namaskar. Ideally, doing 12-15 cycles a day will get you all the advantages required by the physique, conserving you match and wholesome for a greater tomorrow.
Different Advantages of Surya Namaskar:
- Stability of Dosha: Pita, Kapha, and Vata are three doshas that may exit of steadiness as a result of numerous causes. It’s majorly affected by the climate, meals, on a regular basis unhealthy actions, stress at work, and depreciated sleep. Nevertheless, you possibly can preserve your dosha in step with training Surya Namaskar each day.
- Weight-loss Booster: Merely stretching the stomach muscle tissues will definitely make you lose extra calories by Surya namaskar. It additionally manages the hormonal secretions from thyroid glands which are answerable for weight acquire.
- Improves psychological well being: Surya Namaskar has an excellent significance for youngsters to strengthen their focus and loosen up their minds whereas lowering sleepiness, somatic stress, fear, and detrimental emotion at a dispositional degree. It could possibly assist to revitalize the mind by partaking the spinal twine. A each day 15-minute follow can reap nice outcomes for the mind.
The bodily advantages of Surya Namaskar are aplenty. This 12 posture yogic kriya lubricates all of the joints of your physique by synchronizing together with your breath providing you with higher bodily well being and psychological focus. The common follow of 12 rounds of Surya Namaskar not solely provides you monumental advantages that allow you to uncover who you’re but in addition retains your physique wholesome and match from the within out!