A flakey crust is full of a decadent, dreamy, creamy, chocolate filling and topped with pillows of cream for this irresistible French Silk Pie. The filling is so clean and wealthy, after which encased in a buttery crust. It’s a crowd pleaser the place ever you serve it!
Do-it-yourself French Silk Pie
This pie really is a chocolate lovers dream pie. The wealthy chocolaty filling will be adjusted to your degree of chocolateness. And since we warmth the eggs, you don’t have to fret about consuming uncooked egg. You possibly can simply benefit from the velvety smoothness and not using a care on this planet.
Serve this at any vacation or special day and watch your family and friends flip you right into a hero. Everybody loves an excellent dessert made with love…and chocolate….and cream!
Baking the Crust
- Flour: All goal flour is greatest, so it holds its construction
- Sugar: Helps as a binder and browning
- Salt: Offers it taste
- Butter: Butter provides it that flakey goodness
- Chilly Water: So as to add moisture
Substances for Creamy Dreamy Mousse Filling
- Heavy Cream: Don’t substitute
- Powdered Sugar: Utilizing powdered sugar provides sweetness with out graininess.
- Unsweetened Baking Chocolate: Or unsweetened chocolate bar
- Bittersweet Baking Chocolate: Or chocolate bar
- Eggs: Creates the binder and light-weight fluffiness
- Sugar: Offers the candy to the bitter
- Butter: soften the butter to room temp
- Vanilla: Divided
Whipped Cream Substances
- Heavy Cream: You’ll need it to whip up good and excessive
- Powdered Sugar: Dissolves simply
- Vanilla: Add the candy taste
- Garnish: Chocolate curls
Making the Greatest French Silk Pie Crust
- Whisk: In a small bowl combine the flour, sugar, and salt with a whisk
- Meals Processor: Place the flour combination within the meals processor and add chilly cubed butter. Pulse a number of occasions until combination is pea or bean sized.
- Water: Flip the processor on and drizzle the chilly water over the dough combination by the water gap. Add sufficient water for the dough to tug collectively. Cease and scrape the underside to ensure the flour is all integrated.
- Refrigerate: Flip the dough out onto the counter and type right into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and place within the fridge for not less than an hour.
- Roll: Take away from fridge and roll right into a circle about 2 inches bigger than your pie dish. Use further flour to maintain dough from sticking to the counter and curler.
- Kind: Place the dough over the pie dish, and calmly press the dough into the underside and facet of the pie dish. Trim extra dough leaving simply sufficient to fold beneath and create a fluted edge.
- Cowl: Cowl and refrigerate for an additional 15-30 min or you possibly can freeze for later.
- Parchment: Utilizing a fork poke steam holes within the backside of the pie dough and on the edges.Place a big piece of parchment over the dough and place pie weights or dry beans on high to fill the entire pie crust. Be certain the parchment is massive sufficient to cowl the sides of the crust totally.
- Blind Bake: Place the pie dish on a big baking sheet and bake at 425 for 25 min. Fastidiously take away the pie and take away the parchment and pie weights. Then bake for an additional 5 min. Place on a cooling rack to chill.
- Soften: In a double boiler soften the chocolate and put aside to chill.
- Warmth: In one other or double boiler or in a small saucepan set over low warmth, warmth the eggs and half cup sugar until combination reaches 160 levels F. Whisk consistently so the eggs don’t prepare dinner, about 7-10 min.
- Take away: Take away from warmth and add it to the melted chocolate whisk till utterly combined.
- Beat: In a stand mixer add the heavy cream and 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar, beat on medium pace. Stream in half teaspoon of vanilla and proceed to beat until stiff peaks type. Scoop right into a small bowl and refrigerate until wanted.
- Fluffy: In the identical mixing bowl add the softened butter and the remaining half sugar and beat until gentle and fluffy, about 2-Three minutes. Advert the cooled chocolate and egg combination, beat until utterly clean, one other 2-Three minutes.
- Fold: Fold within the whipped cream and unfold the combination evenly into the utterly cooled pie shell. Chill for not less than 2 hours earlier than serving.
Whipped Cream Topping
Add whipping cream and powdered sugar in a stand mixer and beat on medium pace. Stream within the vanilla and beat till stiff peaks type. Unfold on high of pie and add garnishing as desired.
Making French Silk Heavenly
There are a couple of ideas for this decadent French silk pie!
- Chocolate: This recipe creates a decadent wealthy chocolate taste,in the event you’d like a lighter chocolate style change out the unsweetened for bittersweet after which change the bittersweet for semi-sweet. I don’t advocate utilizing chocolate chips. Use a positive baking bar corresponding to Bakers or Ghirardelli or one other high quality chocolate bar. You received’t remorse it.
- Cream: As a result of it is advisable actually whip the cream and create good fluffiness, I don’t advocate utilizing substitutions for the Heavy Cream.
- Pie Crust: You should use a premade pie crust to hurry the method. Bake as directed on bundle. You may also make an chocolate cookie crust in the event you need as nicely.
- Eggs: As a result of we deliver the eggs as much as a secure 160 levels, you don’t have to fret about consuming uncooked eggs! So serve to anybody and everybody. Make sure warmth it slowly nevertheless so it doesn’t prepare dinner.
- Simply Beat it: To get a heavenly clean silky texture to your chocolate filling it is advisable beat it greater than you suppose you do. Beating the method for a very long time ensures that the sugar dissolves and butter and eggs grow to be gentle and fluffy.
Storing and Freezing Your Pie
You’ll love the truth that you may make it forward of time and freeze it for later too.
- Make forward:This undoubtedly takes time to make, but it surely’s so value it and what makes it higher is you may make it forward of time. Make and refrigerate as much as 2 days forward of time. Simply don’t put the whipped topping on high until able to serve.
- Freezing: Make the pie as directed however don’t put the whipped topping on, refrigerate for two hours. Cowl utterly with plastic wrap, then cowl with foil, and freeze as much as 2 months. Thaw within the fridge in a single day. Make whipped topping and garnish as desired.
Extra Chocolate Desserts to Conquer
As a result of chocolate is all the time the best reply to what’s for dessert.
French Silk Pie
Prep Time 40 minutes
Prepare dinner Time 35 minutes
Complete Time 1 hour 15 minutes
Servings 8 Individuals
A flakey crust is full of a decadent, dreamy, creamy, chocolate filling and topped with pillows of cream for this irresistible French Silk Pie. The filling is so clean and wealthy, after which encased in a buttery crust. It is a crowd pleaser the place ever you serve it!
1 and half
rounded tablespoon granulated sugar
rounded teaspoon kosher salt
chilly & cubed
2 – 4
Chocolate Mousse Filling
heavy whipping cream
unsweetened baking chocolate
bittersweet baking chocolate
softened to room temperature
1 and ½
pure vanilla extract
Whipped cream topping
heavy whipping cream
shaved chocolate, cocoa powder, chocolate sprinkles
Make the pie crust
Add flour, sugar and salt in a small mixing bowl and blend completely with a whisk. Switch flour combination to a food processor fitted with the dough blade. Add cubed chilly butter to the flour combination, pulse a number of occasions till butter is about pea and bean dimension. Variations in dimension are okay.
Flip the meals processor to “on” place and drizzle chilly water over the dough combination by the water gap, as quickly because the dough begins to tug collectively flip the meals processor off. It’s possible you’ll must cease the meals processor in between and get a spatula to combine up the flour on the backside.
Flip the dough out on the counter or cutting board, and form right into a disk. Wrap in plastic and relaxation within the fridge for not less than an hour.
Take the disk of pie dough out of the fridge and roll right into a circle about 2” bigger than your pie dish. Use further flour to maintain the dough from sticking to the counter and curler.
Fastidiously place the dough over the pie dish, calmly press the dough into the underside and facet of the pie dish, let the surplus dough hold over the facet. Trim the surplus dough leaving simply sufficient to fold beneath and create a fluted edge.
Cowl the pie dish with plastic wrap and preserve refrigerated, or freeze (most popular), for 15 – 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Take away pie crust from the freezer and use a fork to poke steam vents on the underside of the pie dough and on the edges.
Place a big piece of parchment paper over the frozen pie dough, place pie weights on high or pour dry beans on high to fill the entire pie crust. Be certain the parchment is massive sufficient to cowl the sides of the crust totally.
Take away the pie crust from the oven and let it cool utterly on a wire rack.
Make the filling
Warmth the eggs and ½ cup of granulated sugar in a double boiler or in a small saucepan set over low warmth till the combination reaches 160°F, whisking consistently so the eggs don’t prepare dinner. This can take about 7 – 10 minutes. Take it off the warmth and add it to the marginally cool melted chocolate and whisk till completely integrated. Put aside to chill.
Add ¾ cup of heavy whipping cream and 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar to a stand mixer bowl, beat on medium pace. Stream in ½ teaspoon of vanilla and proceed beating till stiff peaks. Scoop it right into a small bowl and refrigerate till wanted.
In the identical mixing bowl, add the softened butter and the remaining ½ cup of granulated sugar and beat till gentle and fluffy, about 2 – Three minutes. Add the cooled chocolate and egg combination, beat one other 2 – Three minutes till utterly clean.
Fold within the whipped cream and unfold the combination evenly into the utterly cooled pie shell. Chill for not less than 2 hours earlier than serving.
Make the whipped cream topping
Add ¾ cup of heaving whipping cream and a couple of tablespoons of powdered sugar to a stand mixer bowl, beat on medium pace. Stream in ½ teaspoon of vanilla and proceed beating till stiff peaks. Unfold the whipped cream on high of the pie and add garnishing as desired.
Unsweetened baking chocolate is used for a darker chocolate taste.
For a sweeter chocolate filling, you need to use all bittersweet baking chocolate as a substitute, and even semisweet baking chocolate.
Use baking bars or baking wafers or your favourite consuming chocolate, don’t use chocolate chips.
After eradicating the pie weights and earlier than placing the pie crust again into the oven, in the event you discover that that edge is already getting too brown, put a pie protect or a couple of strips of foil across the edge to forestall burning.
Energy717kcal (36%)Carbohydrates54g (18%)Protein7g (14%)Fats55g (85%)Saturated Fats34g (170%)Ldl cholesterol206mg (69%)Sodium49mg (2%)Potassium175mg (5%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar31g (34%)Vitamin A1713IU (34%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium62mg (6%)Iron3mg (17%)
All dietary data relies on third social gathering calculations and is just an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.